Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Grace Catlin

Hi everyone!
I have been doing a lot of stitching lately to catch up with projects I have left alone to stitch my two samplers for Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year.  I  love Grace Catlin so, so much!   Her bright colors always make me feel happy while I'm stitching.  Every stitch has been a delight until  I came  to the Fishbone stitch!   everything was going just great until I came to a turn and then I couldn't make it look good, no matter what!  I have taken it out at least three times and will be taking this section out too as soon as I post this!!!  If anyone can give me pointers on making turns, let me know.  If I can't make it look good, I will use SS instead.  I don't want my whole sampler to look good except the two Fishbone sections.  I'm here if anyone can give me pointers!  Otherwise, I love her!  Kay Lynn

12 comments:

Nicola said...

I am so sorry Kay Lynn but I am unable to help. Hopefully someone reading your post will. Grace is looking so good.

Faye said...

I have won this chart from Deb Threadgatherer.... It's just beautiful and it more than likely will be next on my list.... Thank you for the inspiration.... Beautiful!!!!!

Faye said...

Ooops,.....Sorry I cannot help on that stitch either.....

Tommye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tommye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tommye said...

It looks great so far, Kay Lynn. For those who haven't done it yet, turn the stitch diagram 90 degrees and work it horizontally.

I don't remember the exact adjustment that I made on those turns, but I will try to rechart it today and get back to you.

Could you post a close up photo of the section you're having trouble with, please?

Vera said...

This looks so beautiful. Sorry I can't help out either.

Lanie said...

Kay Lynn this is beautiful! I' m no help to you on the fishbone stitch but I'm sure someone is out there who can assist. I look forward to the results.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Your work is beautiful.

I like to work the fishbone stitch towards me, so I would be turning my work as needed. I would have to practice turning corners too.

Mary Corbet has a video for leaf stitch.

http://www.needlenthread.com/2006/11/fishbone-stitch-video-tutorial.html

Cindy L said...

Wow...another beautiful sampler that you are working on. I'm not sure if I have done a fishbone stitch, is it called anything else?

Stitch Wizard said...

This really is beautiful and Queenstownsampler designs has given you the best advice I was going to give you at Mary Corbet's Needle and Thread. Her videos showing how to do specialty stitches have helped me before. Good Luck on this and I look forward to seeing your progress too.

Fiona said...

Your sampler looks beautiful. I'm so glad that some others are able to help you on the stitch.