Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 2 June 2013

Gift and New Starts


 The Lilies are blooming and looking fresh after a nice afternoon rain.
I'm not sure if it is just me or do any of you put off posting because there just doesn't seem to be that much to tell, but then when you start to post you realize that there is much more than you thought?
It may be because I fail to post often so things just pile up.
Well first off a few weeks back I found a wonderful surprise from Nicola in my mail box.  It is the chart for Ann Medd the Mother of all Samplers.  I have opened it up studied the chart and have started the quest for linen and thread.  This sampler I have wanted to do for years, but I think that its size was a little intimidating so now I have that little push I needed to take the leap and just do it. 
 Thank you Nicola for the wonderful gift and the push to undertake a dream!



I am not sure why Ann Medd should be daunting when silly me started Manifesto over one on 40 count silk gauze, may be it's all in my head.
Needless to say this one will take me some time to finish.  I have been only stitching on it at work at lunch and the odd minute while I'm waiting for instruments to do their job.  The light is much better at work and I'm afraid to say that I had to make a trip to the eye doctor to order new glasses.  

 Do any of you have one of these awesome bags to haul your frames around?
I have no worries about lugging Manifesto to and fro packed away in the "Knit Stick Sacks" by Ashland Sky Company.

 
 Because I can not be happy working on just one thing or ten, I also started another SL sampler
Jane Parish
35 count natural linen with DMC.
I'm really enjoying her, nice bright colors and lots of letters, and I can stitch this one at home in the evening.
   

My final photo is not stitching related, but she is a sweet addition to our home.  
Cissy was causing havoc with my bosses grandson, how can such a tiny creature cause a problem well he was allergic and so I quickly volunteered to solve their problem.  I still can not believe how nice I am to take all their troubles away!   
May your needles fly!

8 comments:

Debbie Bauer said...

Ah Cissy is adorable. Jane is coming along really nicely. Love those bright colors. The Manifesto is going to be amazing when you finish.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

You seem to get so much stitching done even though you are working. How do you do that??? Love your sampler choices and Cissy - she is just lovely. Irene xxx

Bethany said...

Well, I do think you have jumped in with both feet. What amazing samplers you are working on. I am sure Cissy is going to love being apart of your stitching. I have a Cindy and she is always laying on the back of my chair, while I am stitching.

Fiona said...

Congratulations on Ann. Your Manifesto looks great as does your new start on Jane. Cissy is adorable.

Inguna said...

I am glad to see your progress on Jane Parish. She is in my 'must do' pile. Your stitching looks beautiful!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Your needles seem to be flying at warp speed.
Beautiful work.

Nicola said...

What a lovely post Carmen and and adorable kitten.

Cindy L said...

WOW, Carmen you have chosen 3 beautiful large samplers to work on at the same time! Cissy is so adorable.