Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 21 June 2013

Country Life start

I have just started sewing Country Life Sampler - I had originally thought that my eyes were not up to sewing this on 35 count, but thanks to Nicola I have been persuaded otherwise! - and I am surprised just how good this count of fabric is to sew - and also the silk threads, they are just so beautiful.  Just a start on the border, but hope to show more progress very soon!
I really enjoy seeing everyone's progress, and there have been some beautiful inspirational finishes!
Thank you Nicola - for your encouragement, your enthusiasm and for having this wonderful idea in the first place!
I am off up to Nottingham to spend some time with my dear old Mum, so time to sew whilst enjoying the tennis at Wimbledon next week!
I hope you all have a great weekend.

9 comments:

Nicola said...

After seeing your stitching in person I know that this will be beautiful Angie.

Enjoy your trip.

Bethany said...

I couldn't wait to see that my borders came together. This is such a lovely sampler, I know you are going to love stitching her. I can't wait to see your progress. Nicola seems to encourage many stitcher's

Jenny said...

I have had my on this sampler for quite some time and after seeing your start it is now on the top of my wish list...LOL....isn't that how it always is? Looking forward to seeing your progress.

llknbillburg said...

Wow, you are a brave one! I saw this one finished on someones blog and it is huge!! It will be wonderful to see it grow. Laura

Lanie said...

I fell in love with this sampler (before I knew it was a SL sampler) after seeing it posted on a blog. That was some time ago, and it still is a favorite of mine.
Congratulations on your start. I, too, find the SLY stitchers to be such a warm, encouraging, and helpful group of people.
Good luck, Angie ... enjoy this lovely sampler!

Martha S said...

Hi Angie,
You'll enjoy stitching CL. I'm also stitching it in the Nicola Scarlet Letter Year. Some ladies in my guild have completed it and it is beautiful.
Martha

Vera said...

This is lovely. Am looking forward to your progress. Enjoy your visit with your Muma nd watching tennis (while stitching...)

Cindy L said...

A wonderful start and I look forward on seeing your progress.

Fiona said...

Nice start. Enjoy your time with your Mum.