Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 10 June 2013

Cheerio my friends. I've been off the grid for awhile because the ten year old computer wasn't up to snuff and I had to level up. Ugh.  The 56 acres of gardens and crops on this property are doing well.  If I can find a moment from this "learning curve" I'll take some pretty pictures of okra and ceci beans sprouting in the garden. All I have are spot shots of the front steps where I grow cooking herbs in pots and  perennials that survive in this vile climate.

The oval sampler, Anna Thompson, survived the shift from Brontosaurus to Modern Dinosaur computer.  Within no time this version will be buried.  Although I'm still relatively young I enjoyed Maggie Smith's repetition of Noel Coward's comment that when you get old, you get tired of having  breakfast every hour.  Time flies. And so do computers.

6 comments:

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

beautiful picture thank !
bisous from FRANCE

Margaret said...

Ah, so the clever Noel Coward was the first to make that comment. Yes, indeed. lol! Lovely pic. Glad the upgrade of computer went ok. Never fun to do.

Bethany said...

Computers can be really fun, but not when the BLOW..... Kind of Scary. Everything is so beautiful and green. I am sure your gardens are wonderful this time of year.

Stitch Wizard said...

Your garden is so lovely and I just love seeing photos of the paradise you live in. I would love to have a small garden but it is so hot here. Still I may try and get a few things as I love home grown items from the garden and those are so much better than things in the store!!

Nicola said...

Computer problems are no fun but how would we manage without them!!

Fiona said...

Glad you got it all sorted and you are back. Pretty picture.