Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 13 May 2013

Working on Another OOP: The Product of My Needle

Here's my next out-of-print Scarlet Letter sampler, "The Product of My Needle." This is the second time I started this. The first time was years ago, and I was using 32 count fabric. When I stitched the black background, the fabric showed through, so I scrapped it and restarted it not too long ago on 40 count fabric. Much better! This is a close-up of the cover photo.
And my restart. I'm using AVAS. I love the colors and the design; the sheep's body is stitched in french knots, and the deer is either stem or satin stitch. I'll probably stitch the deer using stem stitch. These colors are exactly the colors in the sampler (which also includes a shiny strand of silver. Heavens, don't I love glitter, sparkle and shine.
Marsha, you should bring this one back--it's so much fun to work on!

9 comments:

mommafoso said...

It will be stunning. All that black must be a challenge.

Debbie Bauer said...

This is beautiful! I love sparkle and glitter also especially against that black.

Sabrina Fechtel said...

I LOVE THIS!!! I would definitely buy this one :)

Nicola said...

Oh this is just stunning.

Cindy L said...

So beautiful!

Ellen said...

Beautiful sampler, love that black background!

Hugs,

Ellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scarlet Letter said...

Surprise! It is still available. The chart is only $7.00.

Fiona said...

Very pretty, the colours look really rich.