Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Tablet Sampler Circa 1755

I have been keenly stitching  along and admiring all the beautiful work.  So pleased to see i am not alone with the use of the magnifying glass . It's been a while since I used 40 count linen. But so worth it.                                                     
 Many different stitch types make this sampler so interesting. Very challenging. I have used Permin Ecru 40 count linen -  home dyed with  tea/coffee. 
  The tablet frame is complete and a pretty floral border to do. I think I may have to alternate between the Ten Commandments and the flowers to keep me going.
  


Tablet Sampler. Margot. WIP.

7 comments:

Vera said...

Beautiful! That is one HUGE sampler!!

Nicola said...

Oh this is so beautiful. I started this a few days ago when I had left my current project at my son's house. It will be my next main project as soon as GS is finished.

Jenny said...

This is a beautiful sampler and one of my favorites. I will probably stitch this after SDW. Your work looks lovely.

JoAnn said...

What a beautiful sampler. I had never noticed it before and after viewing your work I would like to stitch it.

I searched SL's website but was unable to find it. Would you please give me the name of the sampler as SL shows it.

Nicola said...

her is the link JoAnn

http://www.scarlet-letter.com/samplers/tablet.php

It really is beautiful.

Margotatau said...

Thanks for the positive messages. I am glad it has inspired you also to stitch it. It is just called Tablet and is listed under 18th Century English samplers. With Nicola's link and this i am sure you will find it.

Fiona said...

You have made great progress. Your fabric looks lovely you did a good job of dyeing it.