Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 14 May 2013

SDW Week 28 - A Finish!

I was so close to finishing SDW before we went to France last weekend, but it was not to be.  All I had to do was the top band of running stitches and a little bit of colouring in to do on the church.   So over the this weekend gone, I stitched long and hard, and on Sunday evening just had two windows and a door to colour in on the church, but my eyes were closing and finally husband sent me off to bed.


So yesterday evening, it was with joy and  I have to admit a little sadness, that I put the final stitch into SDW.  I have enjoyed every stitch of "her", and the new and hopefully continuing friendship that has come out of my very first ever SAL.

SDW
35ct Edinburgh Linen in Flax
AVAS Thread

 I did change the colour of the top band, and had left it until last so that I could decide which looked best.  In my head, all the while of stitching, it was going to be red, but when it came down to it, the blue looked best balanced.  Just goes to show!

SDW Top Band in AVAS Colour 1744
Off to the framers we go!

13 comments:

Nicola said...

Well done Michelle, your SDW looks stunning with your colour choices.

Cheri said...

Michelle, what a wonderful accomplishment. This sampler is just beautiful. I know what you mean about it getting to be a little sad to put in those last stitches, you almost hesitate taking that last stitch or two.
Well done!

Vera said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish. I love this sampler so much...it is huge, but I may have to cave in and order it. Can't wait to see yours framed.

Krista said...

Beautiful, Michele!! Congrats!!

Cindy L said...

Michelle, congratulations on your finish....just beautiful!

Jenny said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish, Michele. Your SDW is absolutely stunning!

Love to Stitch said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love your colors-- it is a piece with alot of great memories!!!!! Cant wait to see the frame :)

Fiona said...

Congratulations on your finish, SDW looks absolutely stunning.

Lanie said...

Absolutely beautiful, Michele! You should be very proud of this accomplishment.

Jonette said...

Wow, I am in awe of your beautiful sampler. Congratulations on your finish!

ilana kaye said...

I can't wait to see it framed. Beautiful finish. :)

Marsha said...

It is wonderful and quite an accomplishment. I love the blue band on top.

Anne said...

SDW is amazing and such a wonderful accomplishment!! Congrats!