Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 11 May 2013

Progress on WIP Grace Catlin -1719

Greetings all SL Stitchers
It's been almost two weeks since my last post.  I am enjoying stitching Miss Grace so much!  It is so fun to put myself in her place almost 300 years ago!   The Algerian Eyelets in the verse don't show up very well because of the dark silk.  I may use an awl to help open the holes so they look better!  I will add the Satin and Fishbone Stitch after I complete all the cross stitch and Algerian Eyelets in the verses.  There are three bands left before I put in the specialty stitches.  Happy stitching! 

Closeup of  Honeysuckle
And Grape border.                      
Overall progress Bands 1-7



























3 comments:

Nicola said...

Good progress Kay Lynn. This is such a pretty sampler.

Rachel F said...

The colors are so pretty and the variety of patterns in the bands look like they were interesting to stitch.
Hoping you have plenty of opportunities to work on her!

Fiona said...

Great progress, love the colours in Grace.