Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Post for Barbara G - Mary Hurst



I have just completed Mary Hurst. It is very pink and little girlish. I saw a chalk drawing in my neighborhood the other day that looked just like the queen. No crown but everything else was pretty much the same.



I have one comment about the kit. On the list of threads to be used it appeared that only one skein of all the colours was necessary but I found out that colour 111 needed at least 2. I could not get another skein from my supplier so I substituted. I was not happy to do that but it looks OK.



I do not have a picture of the completed piece but a number of months ago I send in a picture of part of it and it looks more or less the same. The top bit was not done but it doesn’t photograph well anyway. I sadly do not know how to get a photo onto the computer and my husband has been in hospital so until he gets home no picture.



I am trying to decide what to do next. All I am sure of is that it will be 17th century.



Barbara

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Nicola said...

Well done Barbara. Mary Hurst is an awesome finish. I hope your husband is home from hospital soon.

Looking forward to seeing a photo.

Carmen Sutton said...

This sampler is very beautiful I'm sure even with the thread problem it is stunning. Deciding on what to stitch next is the hard part! Hope your husband comes home soon.

Jenny said...

Congratulations on a most amazing finish. Mary Hurst is lovely. I hope your husband will be home soon. Have fun deciding on your next stitch, that is the hardest part for me.....

Vera said...

Congratulations on yoru finish. Mary Hurst is one LARGE sampler! Hoping your husband is doing better and out of the hospital soon. Looking forward to a photo of the finish and hearing what you choose for your next piece.

Fiona said...

Congratulations on your finish.