Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 5 May 2013

Minimal Progress

Hello All,

Sorry to report that there has only been minimal progress on Petunia and her surroundings.  I had hoped to be able to report more, but alas that is not to be.  Fletch (DH) and I took off for several days of camping/boating/hiking.  What an amusing time (luckily we found it funny).  Making a long story short:  day 1 we almost tipped the camper over; day 2 I ended up sitting in the river when I attempted to get out of our boat (water temp was about 53 -- not fun); day 3 rain, rain, rain...a leak in the camper over where I sleep (of course)...made it home fine (long trip due to heavy traffic and accidents, but we were safe)...day after we are home I am doing laundry and go down to the basement to take a load out of the washer and there is a SNAKE in the basement.  Need I say that I am in love with A&E samplers but am terrified of snakes?

So enough of that nonsense.  Here is a snap of where things stand tonight.  I have not put a single stitch in this piece in over a week.  I am missing it, but hope to do a bit tonight and tomorrow before I have to head back to work on Monday (boo-hoo).
My next two weeks will be frantic -- it is budget season at work...but I am hoping to find some time to stitch.  Hope everyone has a great week.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Sounds like you had a most interesting time during your time away. Sounds like it would make a good comedy movie! Although we could leave out the snake. :o)

Your piece is truly stunning. The colors are so fantastic on this piece. I might have to get the chart for this one. It's really going to be a showstopper!

Nicola said...

What an adventure. I think I would run a mile if I found a snake in the house.

PLL is an amazing sampler and I look forward so much to your progress posts.

Fiona said...

Glad you survived your camping adventure. Snakes freak me out, just thinking about finding one in my house or garden makes me feel sick with fright.

I love the colours in your sampler.

Lanie said...

Oh good grief! ... what an adventure! SNAKES = I.simply.cannot.do!!
PPL on the other hand is lovely. She looks like such a joy to stitch. Hope you have some quiet stitching time in the midst of busy budget time.

Barbara Day said...

I don't do snakes either. I cut a 6" baby snake in half by mistake once when I was working in the garden. Kids and husband doubled over laughing as I danced around the yard screeching like a banshee. I don't garden any more. One of my WIP samplers has a stumpwork snake in it. I may or may not manage it. It might become a dragonfly or something.

Your stitching is SOOOO lovely. This piece just glows. You can make up for lost time spent in a drippy camper this week.