Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 20 May 2013

Joanna Warren


Joanna Warren has been my mission this week.  Pretty pleased with the overall progress.  Finished the bottom part of the band and the letters.  Outlining the rest of the band, which is pretty major.  Have noticed that part of my flower is not central, which serves me right for 
a) stitching in bad light and 
Joanna Warren Band 7
b) not starting with the centre strut and going off and doing my own thing.  I think it is just one stitch out, so looking it at it this morning, I think I can blag it, rather than taking the whole lot out.   Blind men and all that!

Now I have some Joanna behind me, I am loving her.  The fabric colour is perfect (trust Marsha, Michele), it really shows up the beautiful colours, and by the time I get to the next band up, which is double runnings and buttonholes and stuff, I will feel that I have gotten a good start.  I was getting frustrated by the satin stitches in the first band, I figure by the time I get to them I will be on the final run, so won't mind so much.

3 comments:

Nicola said...

She looks so pretty Michele and yes I am sure when you get to those pesky flowers you will whiz through them :o))

PoundingSand said...

This is SUCH a beautiful sampler! I'm looking forward to seeing it bloom.

Kate

Fiona said...

Very pretty pinks in this sampler.