Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Back At It with Ann

It seems lie a number of us have been sidetracked with other things lately and I certainly am no exception!  Ann Grimshaw was distracted about a month ago while I worked on a few other projects.  However, I got back in gear with her this past week4end, and do have a little bit of progress to share.

 
Please forgive that stray little bit of silk hanging out there in the middle of nowhere.  These two details are of the newest additions on either side of the piece.  On the left...
 
 
....and on the right.
 
 
Am still loving Miss Ann, but am beginning to feel like I'm in for a marathon before the end is anywhere even close, Well, one stitch at a time is all anyone can do, right? 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

PoundingSand said...

Love the variegated floss you're using - very subtle and elegant.

Kate

Lisa said...

I love the threads you are using. Could you tell us what they are? I have had Ann Grimshaw in my stash for years, but have hesitated because of the color...

Vera said...

Beautiful! I, too, love the thread you are using and wonder what it is?

Dawn said...

That's right. One stitch at a time...
I love your combination of threads and linen - beautiful!!

Barbara Day said...

What threads are you using? They're gorgeous.

Mary said...

Thank you! I'm using Threqadgathere's Silk'n Colors in Finnegan's Fog. There are two different dye lots in play, which accunts for the darker tones in a few of the motifs. The linen, while I know it is 36 count, is a mystery?

Nicola said...

Yes it certainly is one stitch at a time but what beautiful stitches they are.

EvalinaMaria said...

Beautiful stitches and I love Quakers - Ann is on my wish list now! What floss are you using - the colors are very pretty.

Fiona said...

Miss Ann looks great. Your thread choice is perfect and I love the variation.

MoonBeam said...

Ann is looking great. I like your color choice.

I certainly understand about being distracted by other things. Good luck with Ann...she'll be a beautiful finish.

Bobbi