Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 1 May 2013

A New Start-Mary Gail

I have to thank everyone for their lovely comments on Ann Smith.  She is such a colorful girl and I can't stop looking at her.  After I finished her, I knew that I had to go to another sampler that was just as colorful.  I was going to go with a traditional sampler - the border, verses, etc., but I decided to do one that was a little bit different - Mary Gail.  Here is my start:

Mary Gail
40 ct. Vintage Autumn Gold and AVAS

The colors are so vibrant in real life and it makes me happy to work on it.  I would have had more finished on this, but I accidentally lost/threw out some of the threads that I had purchased for her.  It's not the first time that I've thrown out threads and I'm sure that it won't be the last.  I have to learn to keep my cross stitching purchases and quilting purchases in separate bags when I do my road trips.  I fear that I pulled out the quilting things, thought the bag was empty and threw them away.  My replacements arrived today and so I should be able to really get going on her.

Pictured with Mary Gail are the beautiful Sajou scissors that I won in the last giveaway.  I love them and they'll be a wonderful remembrance of this year of Scarlett Letter stitching!

9 comments:

Lanie said...

Hi Deb!
So happy to see you started " Mary Gail" ... I love her! I just purchased her and plan to stitch her to commemorate our 25th wedding anniversary.
Hope you enjoy her. I'll look forward to watching your progress!

Fiona said...

Love the pink flower and I am envious of your scissors.

Debbie Bauer said...

Love this sampler. The colors are definitely bright and cheerful. Very nice scissors.

woolwoman said...

OMG - I am in LOVE with Mary Gail - I've been itching to try silk gauze and I have been looking for tent stitch SL samplers and since Mary was small-ish compared to Manifesto and the Spot Motif I have on hand - I thought I might try her - Love your start and your Sajou scissors - OOH LA LA - LOVE them - cheers Melody

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

gorgeous bright flower, will love watching this being stitched up.

Cindy L said...

Deb,
I love the colors and will have to look this sampler up on the SL site.

Faye said...

Mary Gail is lovely.... I love those nice scissors also!!!

Rachel F said...

Such beautiful colors! The flowers look amazing - looking forward to following your progress. Your Ann Smith was just gorgeous!
Congratulations on your win, also!

Silkstitcher - Kay Lynn said...

Your new start is beautiful! Is the 40 ct Vintage Autumn ahold by LL. I stitched a sampler on it and it was a very dark hold. Maybe the camera doesn't do it justice, because it's a beautiful, rich color of linen. I look forward to seeing your progress.