Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 29 April 2013

Twin Trees

Oh the delights of stitching on Hannah.  Every part of her I am enjoying.  From the fabulously unusual trees to the quirky leopard, she is a pleasure to stitch.  I am happy to be working on her steadily and aim to finish her in the next few months so I can move onto another amazing Scarlet Letter kit.



Much to my squealing delight, I was the second place winner in last month's draw.  Melody donated a beautiful SL kit called JCS 1707.  It arrived last week and I have been staring at this sampler a lot.  Although I have been thinking about starting it right away, I am not very good with having too many large projects on the go.  It makes me feel antsy for some reason.  So I just stare and dream of stitching all the little motifs and the Adam and Eve.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but this sampler has a lot going on.  Very subtle details that drawn you in for a second and third look.  I love how this is a German sampler and can be looked at upside down and all around.  Thank you again dear Melody for donating such a lovely prize!




I've been really loving watching everyone's samplers grow to fruition and reading people's posts.  I have quite a few samplers on my list thanks to this blog! My hubby winces as he watches the list grow.  He loves my stitching but he's worried about space!! Silly men!!

Take care everyone!

Anne




8 comments:

Jenny said...

Your Hannah is coming along nicely, Anne. I love the colors in this one. Congratulations on winning the chart JCS 1707. Isn't it fun to have something to look forward too?

Merilde said...

What beautiful stitching, Anne. This sampler has lovely colors, she must be a joy to work on! Congratulations on the win - what fun! Lori

Lanie said...

Anne, your "Hannah" is so pretty ... easy to see how you are enjoying her!
Congratulations on winning one of the prizes ... what fun it is to daydream about your next start(s)!

Silkstitcher -Kay Lynn said...

Anne. Your work is beautiful and Hannah is going to be lovely. Tell your hubby don't worry, I'm sure there is plenty of wall space for your 'works of art'. I'm sure he is proud of your finished pieces!

woolwoman said...

Anne - I'm glad you are intrigued by the JCS sampler. Your Hannah is coming along beautifully - can't wait to see the big cat get filled. Enjoy Melody

Nicola said...

Miss Hannah is such a pretty sampler. I adore everything about her.

Fiona said...

Hannah is growing steadily. Congratulations on your win.

Cindy L said...

Hannah is so lovely! Congratulations on your win. There are so many samplers to do, it's just hoping we can find the time.