Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 30 April 2013

The Twigg Miniatures - A Finish :)

Although my little Twigg Miniatures are nowhere near the complexity of so many of the amazing Scarlet Letter samplers here, I was nevertheless pleased to have finished with stitching them - I found them to be charming and still a bit of a challenge, as I'd never done quite as much "over 1" stitching before.  Here are my photos of both of them completed: - Sarah's the "over 1" gal, while LT opened the way as an "over 2" project to start with. 

Sarah Twigg (Twigg Miniatures)
 

"LT" (Twigg Miniatures)
 
The only change that I made was eliminating some lazy daisy stitches in Sarah - when I'd finished about half of them, I had a closer look and thought that the sampler looked better without them, so exercised some artistic license and cut them out entirely :) 
 
I'm working on a couple of other samplers (non-SL) at the moment, but I'm so very tempted by one or two other Scarlet Letter pieces ..... we're spoiled for choice, aren't we? 
 
Thanks, Nicola and Jo, for the initiative and encouragement in this communal stitching adventure :) 


6 comments:

Lanie said...

Congratulations Dianne on your finishes! I love the large samplers but am equally drawn to the miniatures and their charms! The smaller designs lend themselves to so many fun ways to complete them. Your work is lovely.

PoundingSand said...

These are delightful! Bigger is not always better.

Kate

Jenny said...

I love your finishes Dianne, they are just beautiful. I too am drawn to the miniatures and hope to stitch a few as well. Right now I have a few large SL samplers to finish.....LOL.

Nicola said...

Well done Diane, they are exquisite as is your stitching.

Fiona said...

Great finish, they look really pretty.

Cindy L said...

Congratulations on your finishes!