Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

The Grass is Greening

Well it has been a few weeks, OK more like a month since I last posted, but come on who has time to post when I'm trying to keep up with all of the thousand of stitches that you all are putting in! 
So I will try and add a few stitches to yours.
First off here is where I stitch.  Do any of you have 3 lamps going?
The Huntsman progress.
  I was kind of worried about the colors, because I am stitching it with one strand DMC on 35 count, but once I started filling in the grass the colors have intensified so all is good! 

A close up, the end is nearing!
This big guy was bugging in the backyard this evening, so I thought I would share.
Well I'm off to stitching, please keep all the wonderful posts coming I look at them all and wish that I could just stitch faster.


15 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Carmen,
Your Huntsman sampler is really beautiful. I love the colors, they look great. I see a finish in the future for you and that is really exciting. Your stitching area looks cozy as well. Happy Stitching.
Jenny

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Carmen, the Huntsman is wonderful. I love it and I love your stitching area, too.

PoundingSand said...

It looks like the end is in sight - a little ways off, maybe, but still in sight.

(And from the look of the stump, that's a well-fed woodpecker. He's very handsome.)

Kate

donnacrafts said...

Unbelievable...this is stunning. You are almost to the finish line. Enjoy!!

Kevin said...

Looks FANTASTIC! I only have one OttLite where I stitch, but I'm thinking of adding a smaller clip-on type to my stand so I don't get shadows. I hate that. BUT, I do have three FANS in my stitching area! I take medications for back pain which make me constantly hot, so I have fans all over the place! I have to be strategic with my flosses and chart! Lol.

Lanie said...

Carmen your Huntsman is beautiful. I have loved this since your first post and you have inspired me to order this chart! I think this handsome guy will be the first "pictorial" that I stitch. I also ordered Hannah Carter but she is BIG and will require a bit more if a commitment so I'll have to see about her!
Look forward to your next post!

HollyXSing said...

Carmen: I use two lights when I stitch! One on each side!

I love your Huntsman....what a looker!

All the best,

-Holly in VA

Cindy L said...

Carmen, your Huntsman is stunning,so colorful! I have an overhead ceiling canister light and my ott light but prefer a nice sunny day to stitch.

Kathy said...

This is a gorgeous sampler with such pretty colors and lovely scene.
Think I just might have to order this. It looks to be a fun one to stitch, too. Looking forward to seeing your finish! Your stitching area looks nice and cozy, thanks for sharing.

Stitch Wizard said...

Oh how beautiful this sampler is!! I just love the colors of this and your stitching is just beautiful too!

Nicola said...

Your Huntsman is stunning. I must stitch this one very soon. Your little stitching nook looks so cosy.

Theresa said...

Wow this is so pretty and incredible stitching!

thanks for the pictures; very inspiring!

Someday I would really like to try this one.

Vera said...

Love the Huntsman and your stitching nook. Both look great!!

Fiona said...

Your Huntsman looks amazing. Your stitching chair looks very comfortable.

Marsha said...

Wow, The Huntsman is handsome, indeed.