Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 27 April 2013

The Bird Sampler progress

I feel that I have been somewhat slow stitching this lovely sampler, but that is probably because I am also making a king size wedding quilt and cross-stitching other samplers - all at the same time!  Multi-tasking is such fun!
I have almost finished this now - I have personalised with my sisters initials (HJL) and just need to add her birthdate or 2013, I will see how the stitch numbers work out - she will be 60 in June and this will be her special gift.
I love this sampler - sadly it is not on Martha's current list, but I believe a few of my fellow stitchers have this chart tucked away somewhere.
As always I am in awe of the beautiful work and finishes that have been posted - I want to sew almost every piece I see!
I hope everyone has a great weekend - I just wish it would warm a bit, the wind is so cold and takes the edge off the sunshine..... never mind, a good excuse to sit and sew rather than tackle the garden!

9 comments:

Cindy L said...

WOW Angie, you are a quick stitcher! I am so glad to see your photos. I have this kit and think I will start after I finish my Elizabeth Sheffield because I am waiting on silks for another project. Beautiful stitching.

Jenny said...

Beautiful sampler Angie.

Julierose said...

Simply gorgeous work--(if you make a mistake on the initials mine are:
JLH-LOL)hahaha...seriously tho' she will just love it I'm sure!! Julierose

llknbillburg said...

Very pretty! And I know just what you mean. The more things you are working on at once, the slower your progress seems to become. I am working on about 4 things right now and barely see any progress at all on any one sampler! I am trying to get the number down in my rotation so I can have a finish soon!!! Laura

Kaisievic said...

This is truly lovely - your sister is going to be thrilled.

Kathy said...

Really pretty!!

Merilde said...

What a lovely sampler! Your sister is a lucky woman-what a special gift!
Lori

Nicola said...

Another wonderful sampler Angie, I cannot wait to see it finished as I cannot find a picture anywhere.

Your sister will love her.

Anne said...

So pretty! I like how you added your sisters initials in the sampler. She will adore it!