Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 30 April 2013

The Bird Sampler is finished!

I managed to finish The Bird Sampler last night whilst watching the snooker!  Now it will go to the framers.
I am delighted with this sampler:  It is personalised with my sister's initials (HJL) and then 27.6 with 20 and 13 added below either side of the strawberry border.  I think this will be a lovely 60th birthday gift.
This is sewn on 25 count natural linen (as stated on the sampler instructions) and I used DMC threads.
There have been some amazing updates recently - some wonderful work, and I am particularly impressed with the number of you sewing one over one!  As you know this is totally beyond my eyesight.  There are so many wonderful SL samplers to choose from - so now the decision, which one to sew next! 

9 comments:

Lanie said...

Such a lovely gift, Angie! I am sure your sister will cherish it!
Congratulations on your finish!

Silkstitcher -Kay Lynn said...

A very lovely sampler! I assume that this is an over one sampler? I think it will be a while before I try a whole sampler in over one. Just doing doing the verses is enough for me! Please show us when it comes back from the framers. I know your sister will love it!

PoundingSand said...

What a wonderful gift - not just a sampler, which is beautiful, but also your time and care to personalize it. I hope your sister has a delightful birthday!

Kate

Lori said...

This is lovely! I love the style and colors. Maybe Marsha will bring it back?? Congratulations!
Lori

Jenny said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish. I know your sister will treasure it.

Nicola said...

Another beautiful finish Angie. Now what frame have you chosen?

Ann at Beadlework. said...

This is a lovely sampler, what a great gift to give.

Fiona said...

Lovely finish and I'm sure your sister will be delighted.

Cindy L said...

Angie, congratulations on such a beautiful finish!