I had a lovely stitching weekend, but of course didn't get as much done as I had thought. Isn't that always the way. Still good progress made on the bands. I am banking on the fact that I missed a row on the necks of the dear further up, to make sure that I have enough room to fit all this in - lol! Working up from the bottom may prove not to be the most sensible decision!!
I also changed the colours. For me the original bands on this section are too blue, yellow orange. I was thinking about this, and maybe it is because at the end of a long time stitching, those were the only colours SDW had left!
I have run out of 1713, so I substituted that for the slightly brighter blue that we used right up at the top, made my strawberries red (I hope they are strawberries - couldn't live with blue ones) and put some definition into the acorns.
I am still thinking of doing the top band in red, so hopefully this will balance it all out.
Fingers crossed for a "before France finish" but I think that is wishful thinking.
|SDW Original taken from SL website|