Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 14 April 2013

Russian Red Rooster

I started this little fellow a while ago, as a mobile project.  He goes to rehearsals with me, in and out of my bag, and follows me around whenever, there might be the opportunity to put in a stitch or two. Hence why he is not looking at his most dapper!

He is a lovely stitch.  Only three pages in the chart and easy as it is mostly cross stitch and only two colours to worry about.  I have made some slight alterations as I have gone along to make the pattern more consistent  like keeping the length of the "t" the same.  It might not be historically accurate, but it would bug me.

So here is the work to date on my Little Russian Red Rooster and he will make an appearance very shortly.

Russian Red Rooster

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Such a pretty little sampler! I love redwork samplers, another for 'the list' I think :D

Jenny said...

Michele your sampler is really pretty. I too love red work.........Happy Stitching.

Vera said...

Oh yes, another one to order for sure. Lovely work.

Fiona said...

What a lovely project and perfect for travelling. You have made great progress.

Krista said...

Wow! Awesome progress on this one too! You have turbo needles :)