Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Running into a Manifesto snag

Hello,
I have run into a difficulty.  As you know, I have started on the right side of Manifesto.  Regarding the two large palm trees on the right, the photo isn't anything close to the called for DMC.  Now I know, never follow the picture, follow the chart.  But the chart calls for DMC 934 and 935, which are both dark avocado greens and nearly identical.  The photo on the chart shows the right tree a lighter green and the left tree stitched in two greens which are quite different.  Can Marsha or anyone help me?  I guess I'll spend this evening doing rippit, rippit.

Melinda

2 comments:

KB said...

Melinda, I just stitched this area and you are right the DMC colors do not match the picture... I heard from Marsha and the model was stitched with AVAS and not DMC.. so this does account for some of the different...If you are on Facebook you can see my pic on the "Manifesto and other Reproduction Samplers" group.. If not feel free to email me and I will send you a pic of that area if that will help you klbugg@gmail.com Personally I like it with the darker greens..JMHO

Stitch Wizard said...

I know we are told to follow the chart but for my personal taste, I love how the trees look in the photo and for mine, I am going to use the dark one called for in the areas that show are dark in the photo and DMC 830 for what the lighter areas are in the photo. That is my own way but I thought I would share my idea with you. I think it contrasts the way I would like it to and it is what I want to do on mine.