Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 21 April 2013

Post for Leona



I am so sorry it has been so long since I last posted.  I have been busy with a non SL WIP while I waiting for my linen to arrive for Frances B. Jones. I have now put that one aside to work on Frances.  I am stitching her on 36ct Pecan Butter Lakeside Linen with the beautiful AVAS silks that I won in the first giveaway.  I am loving them.  They don’t knot! 




I started it on Saturday 6th April, the day after I got out of hospital after having some surgery.  I wasn’t in the right head space and as a consequence she is isn’t centred, but will be alright.  While recuperating, I have been able to stitch quite a bit and I am happy with the progress.  The colours are more true in the close up photo.




I continue to be inspired by everyone’s progress on their samplers and I know I will never live long enough to stitch all the samplers that I have put onto my wish list since being a part of this great SLY SAL.

Leona

17 comments:

llknbillburg said...

Beautiful work! And I know just what you mean about the samplers!! Stash definitely exceeding life expectancy!
Laura

Jonette said...

Beautiful!! Yes, my wish is to live long enough to finish all of my stash and wish list!

Jenny said...

Your sampler is beautiful. I have this one on my list as well.......so many samplers........oh but what fun!!!

Fiona said...

A very pretty border and flowers. I always plan on clearing out my stash to make way for new charts etc and I know that I really do not have enough years left to get everything stitched, but I always just have to have it.

Inger said...

My grandmother was very good at this, it is a joy to see it again.

samplerlover said...

Hi Leona, hope you are feeling better after your operation. Frances is looking beautiful. I have this one kitted up as well. Hoping to start it soon. - Sandra.

Marlene said...

Lovely sampler. I especially like the color of the flowers...very lovely.
Mend well.

Vera said...

So lovely. Beautiful work. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Merilde said...

This is lovely, Leona. Beautiful colors...every sampler I see stitched I want to work on! Oh, dear! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Lori

Kathy said...

Leona, that's a beautiful sampler you're stitching. And, the flower colors looks very pretty on the pecan button linen. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Leona S said...

Thank you all for your kind words. I am recovering well. But oh, such a shame, I have to have another four weeks off work. Yay, more stitching time. That then leads us into our holiday where we will be away for three months. I wonder if I will ever want to work again with all that opportunity to stitch.

Silkstitcher said...

Leona. Your sampler is very, very nice. Are you stitching her on 30 ct as was the original? This could be used as a lovely birth sampler, if one wants to stray from the reproduction realm. Very nice verse in the cartouche. Your stitching is lovely. You are so right about the silk not knotting! I try to stitch all my samplers with silk if at all possible for that very reason. Silk is such a treat to stitch with!

Silkstitcher said...

I meant to say I hope you are feeling better! Stitching is good for your health, so keep stitching as much as you can!

Nicola said...

I hope your recovery is going well. Francis is looking good, she is a such a pretty sampler. AVAS is a joy to stitch with.

Cindy L said...

Leona, I love the colors! I feel that stitching can be better than medicine for your recovery.

Rachel F said...

Your Frances is looking so much like Spring! Wishing you a swift recovery and a lovely sampler to remind you of time well spent.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hope you are doing better.

Your stitching is beautiful!