Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 6 April 2013

Post for Barb Day

I'm very excited to be taking part in this as I've been a huge Scarlet Letter fan for years.  I'm currently working on 2 SL samplers: "Mery Cox" and "Coraggio."  I'm about half finished with "Mery," and am starting the Rampant Lions on Coraggio (and slowly finishing the cross over one alphabet band.  I've tweaked the color palettes for both samplers.  For "Mery," I wanted to try some hand overdyed cottons from Weeks Dye Works and Gentle Art.   Most of the color choices are working, but there are a few I don't like.  I've thought of starting over or picking out the ones that don't sit well.  But it's for a shop model, and I think I'll just finish this one.  Fabric is Sandstone 32 count Linen/Silk.






 "Coraggio" is looking really great, though, and is lots of fun to stitch.  I'm using Soie d'Alger, keeping some recommended colors and changing others.  I'm in love with the dragons.  They are elegant, majestic and whimsical all at once.  Fabric: R&R Reproductions 32 ct. linen in "Abecedarian Blend," a coffee dyed color.






Also want to wish Nicola a Happy 50th Birthday.

5 comments:

PoundingSand said...

Love the screaming greens in Corragio!

Kate

samplerlover said...

Oh it's lovely to see Mery. I have the pattern and want to do her one day. My Grandmother was a Cox. Corragio is looking lovely. Love the greens.

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome to the year Barb. Your stitching is superb and I very much look forward to following your progress.

Cindy L said...

Welcome Barb. Your pieces are stunning.

Fiona said...

Welcome. I have just ordered Mery, I really like the colours in both your pieces.