Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Post for Barb D


Hello everyone--

First off, I'm so blown away by the beautiful work that you are all doing.  I look forward to progress emails and new blog postings.  Lots of inspiration from all.  
Progress on Coraggio: It's growing steadily.  Most all other projects are on hold, because there is such a beautiful flow in this piece, and I'm all caught up in the rhythms of it.  I have tweaked the color palette quite a lot and have been taking copious notes to keep track of it.  In my mind, half the fun of doing a project is in the planning and problem solving parts of it, so I tend to find reasons to go back to that part of it when  it makes sense.
I'm nearly finished with the TINY alphabet lines, though there is an oops: I used one shade darker for the last 4 small letters, but am not picking out as it would take me hours to do it, and you can't really tell unless you're looking.  If my eyes were better, I probably would, but alas.  
I will finish the band beneath the lions before starting the ribbon that wraps around the cartouche border lines and doing the TINY stitching in the verse.  It's a very pretty band, and as there some Celtic Knot style interlacing in the vines in that band, it's fun to work it out.

Barb Day


9 comments:

Lanie said...

Barb, the design and intricateness of this sampler is so pretty and your work is lovely. The colors are just beautiful. I am really looking forward to seeing this competed!

Silkstitcher -Kay Lynn said...

This is an absolutely beautiful sampler! I love the lions.
I look forward to seeing the completed sampler!

Lori said...

Wow, Barb, this is gorgeous! It is so pattern and color rich, What lovely work.
Lori

Jenny said...

Barb, Your sampler is simply stunning so far. I love the colors in it and your work is lovely.

Julierose said...

Beautiful stitching, Barb--Julierose

Nicola said...

This is soooo beautiful. I am enjoying following your progress.

Barbara Day said...

Well, I'm a fan of TSL samplers, and have been for a long time. So many of them are really wonderful, and it's hard to choose between them to be sure. This one really caught my fancy, though, at least in part because the layout is so good and it's a well-executed design. It's a rich, interesting, nicely dense piece and a blast to stitch. Don't you love seeing what everyone is doing? I'm so inspired!!

Fiona said...

Stunning, I am really enjoying watching your progress.

Cindy L said...

This sampler is so beautiful. Seeing all the wonderful posts bring them to life.