Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 1 April 2013

Parrot, Leopard, Lion WIP

Hi Everyone
I can't believe it's already April and I'm not even halfway through my Scarlet Letter project.  Still, I am now over my busiest time of the year at work, so hope to be more active on these blogs from now on.  (There are so many wonderful posts I mean to leave a comment on but just don't seem to have had the time to date.  So I'm definitely going to do better from now on.)

My Parrot, Leopard, Lion hasn't got very far but I am still really enjoying it when I do get time to sit down with it.  I wish the photos showed the sheen of the silk as it is lovely.  This is tent stitch on 35 count linen and is a very relaxing project to stitch.


I am amazed at all the wonderful stitching and projects that have been shown on these 2 blogs.  Thank you again, Nicola and Jo, for your generous time and prizes.   And also thanks to Marsha for the work she puts into offering these projects for us to stitch.  I can't speak for anyone else, but these samplers certainly opened a whole new world of stitching for me when I originally stumbled onto the Scarlet Letter website.  And to see so many like-minded stitchers on these blogs is just wonderful. 
Joanne
New Zealand

6 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Your progress is really lovely, Joanne. The SAL on the two blogs is certainly a great way to see the Scarlet Letter designs showcased, isn't it?

Kevin said...

I agree with you, Joanne, about Nicola's blogs and The Scarlet Letter websites opening up a whole new world of stitching possibilities! Each day I seem to find another "must have" by looking at the posts here (like yours!) and by browsing through the hundreds of samplers which Marsha has charted.
Your sampler looks beautiful! This is another one that's at the top of my list to someday purchase and stitch. I love the colors and details in this design. Great progress - I'm looking forward to watching yours continue to grow.

Lanie said...

Your "Parrot" is lovely, Joanne. This is such a vibrant sampler ... love the colors!

silkstitcher926 said...

I have never seen the design drawn on counted cross. I know you said it is tent on 35 ct. Can you explain? I am curious. It is very beautiful! Lovely colors!

Nicola said...

It is so beautiful. It must be so much fun "colouring" in.

Fiona said...

Great progress, the more I see this design the more I like it. I can see it making its way to my wish list.