Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 20 April 2013

New Start - Elizabeth Simon

Elizabeth is one of my most favorite SL reproductions.  Firstly, I love Psalms 23.  Secondly, the large flowers that comprise the inside border are very beautiful!  The sampler-maker chose such gorgeous colors.  And, lastly, the undulating outside border, with the lovely colors of aquamarine describes the real feeling  of gently moving water!  All in all, to me, Elizabeth is one of the loveliest examples of Eighteenth Century sampler making!

I haven't made a lot of progress, but hope to do more this coming week!

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Your flowers are so pretty--that looks like a LOT of progress to me...Julierose

A Canny Stitcher said...

Oh, no. This looks like another sampler to add to my wish list. You are making really good progress. How about letting me into your secret!

llknbillburg said...

I love this one too! After seeing yours, it has moved higher up the 'next to stitch' list!! Laura

Fiona said...

Your sampler looks lovely. I agree with your thoughts on the border.

Vera said...

So pretty and yet another one to add to the wish list!

Nicola said...

I have her kitted up and she has just moved up my list after seeing her pretty colours.

Rachel F said...

She is looking lovely already. The colors are so pretty and the different flowers look like they will be enjoyable to stitch. So nice the sampler has so much meaning to you - many pleasant reflections as you progress.