Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 30 April 2013

My progress on Grace Catlin -1719

Greetings all SL Stitchers!
I can not believe I have been part of Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year blog for a month now!  I am enjoying every minute of it.  As I watch  everyone's samplers grow week by week it is such a treat!  My work on Grace is coming along nicely.  I so enjoy stitching on her daily, along with Elizabeth Simon.  The Algerian Eyelet section on the verse is very tedious, but once I get into a rhythm, it doesn't seem like it takes so long!  It's hard to see the effect of the AE though, with the dark blue-green silk.  Grace's teacher should have chosen a lighter silk, so it can at least be seen!  I try to think of her as I stitch, wondering just how old she was, and where in England she lived.  Did she stitch most of the day; and, was she allowed to play like children today after her stitching lesson was finished?  I love to muse!
 If anyone out there in blogger land wants to help me with posting, let me know.  I don't know how to make my post longer like most of you do, adding more than one WIP.    HELP!  Kay Lynn silkstitcher  Chattanooga

Grace Caplin



Closeup of Algerian Eyelet

7 comments:

PoundingSand said...

Thanks for the closeup of the eyelets! I was considering substituting them for a cross-over-1 area in Rachel Jarratt, but I've only worked AE over 4x4 and didn't know how they would work over 2x2.

They look dandy!

Kate

Jenny said...

I love watching your progress on Grace. She looks beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

If you're up using an iPad or iPhone it is very hard to make long posts, quite often I turn the iPad to portrait rather than landscape just to fit more on the page!
The only alternative is to use a PC or laptop.

Nicola said...

If you are using an ipad try the bog press app. It works well.

Silkstitcher - Kay Lynn said...

A Hi Five to both Nicola and Jo for the suggestions! You two are the best! Nicola, I have the Blogger App so will try that. Why didn't I think of turning my iPad to Portrait, because I wanted Jo to help me, thanks so much, Jo. My granddaughter has stolen my Mac, that's why I use my iPad. Maybe I can get her to loan it back to me once a week when I make my Posts. I still don't know how I got the pictures on twice, though! Kay Lynn

Fiona said...

Great progress and the close up shows your stitching off perfectly.

Cindy L said...

Both samplers are looking beautiful.