Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 9 April 2013

My Millennium Frame Has Arrived.


I thought that you would like to see my beautiful Millennium Frame that arrived late on Thursday afternoon.  Remember early last month, I won the 50 pound Gift Voucher that Needle Needs so graciously donated as one of the prizes to this amazing group.

I was over the moon when I found out that I had won as I had a lot of worries with my DH who wasn't well. Thankfully he is getting better, but has good days and not so good.

I must say with this beautiful piece, that the craftsmanship is superb.  It not only feels good, it looks good as well.  When I first started looking at these frames I wondered if the screws were made out of plastic, but no they are all hand crafted out of wood.  Everything on it is wood.  I found out that they are made from sustainable English Beech.  Such a beautiful wood and the frames are so smooth.  It is lovely to run my fingers over them.


I found that they were easy to put together and didn't take long at all.  I have used scroll frames before and they are such a pain to attach your work to.  These ones are so easy.  Plus the claims that you can get your work as tight as a drum is totally true.


I decided that when I ordered them that I would get the 30 inch bars and I think that with those that I would get more use out of them.  But I'm also thinking of down the track of also ordering a shorter pair.



 I found though that because they were so long that I had a lot of trouble trying to work with them on my leather chair.  I ended up feeling like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.  Not good at my age :).  I ended up with a pain in the neck and had a lot of trouble with my knees which aren't the best.

So after a day of serious thinking on what to do as I think that a stand is definitely a must.  But at the moment, they aren't available because Needle Needs are awaiting parts.   So I'm waiting for one to come in.


So after a lot of thinking on what I could do until I was able to get a stand,  I wondered if my Hoop Lap Frame would work.  Guess what, it does, yay.  I found that if I put my Lap Frame with the middle hoop on it as if I'm going to use it, but with the hoop down and sitting on the bottom section that you sit on that it will support my Millennium Frame, so that I can work on Rebecca using two hands.  I must say that I'm a very happy camper.  I have also come up with a way where I can use my Magnifying Glass that clipped onto my hoop before.  I have one of those LoRan metal magnetic boards that you can attach your charts to. I made a slip bag out of white felt and I can slip the board in and out with the Magnifying Glass attached to it and the metal isn't touching my sampler.






I thought that you would like to see the berries.  I have finished the leaves by the way.  The berries are all filled in with grub stitch.  For some reason, I have always enjoyed doing this stitch lol.





This is where I'm currently working.  I just have to put the "wings" on the flower and then I can fill all of this section in with Satin Stitch.




This bit is waiting for the flowers to be done, but I thought that I would go a bit further up and do the section where the berries are.




This is the current state of Rebecca.  My goodness, she is such a stunning girl.  I have some really stunning samplers in my collection, but this one is a real stunner.

I would just like to thank Nicola again for coming up with such a wonderful idea for celebrating her birthday by inviting us all to celebrate it this way.  She has brought a lot of joy to a lot of us and I know that I for one am enjoying seeing so many beautiful SL pieces.   There are so many that I have plans to do.

13 comments:

Faye said...

So beautifully said and the sampler IS stunning.... Glad you liked the frame also....

Jenny said...

I am so glad that you love your new frame! How exciting for you. Your sampler really is stunning......I love it. Seeing all these beautiful SL samplers is truly a joy.......happy stitching.

Kathy said...

This is a real eye opener!! It is just GORGEOUS to say the least. Can you tell I LOVE it!

Kathy said...

Wanted to add that I've never heard of the grub stitch, but it definitely looks like fun. Great work!

Kevin said...

Congrats on your new Millenium frame! I recently bought one also, and I love it! Rebecca is looking fantastic!

Nicola said...

Rebecca is AMAZING Sandra and your stitching is SUPERB.

I am so pleased that your frame arrived and you are pleased. You can see and feel the workmanship that goes into the finish and that is why they are not rolled off a production line.

Fingers crossed you get a stand quickly. I understand that the last batch released sold out in just over an hour !!!

Krista said...

I am so happy you love your new frame. I agree, the craftsmanship is tops! Your Rebecca sampler is simply gorgeous! Your embroidery technique amazes me!

Lanie said...

Rebecca is amazing ... I love this sampler and hope to be brave enough to one day stitch her. You continue to inspire me ... your stitching is beautiful!
Enjoy your frame. Still sending good wishes for your husband's complete recovery.

samplerlover said...

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding my Angry Bird, he is now a beautiful bird.

I should tell you in case you have fallen in love with this stunning sampler and would like to do it that the chart has 2 graphs in it. It has the version that I'm doing with the specialty stitches and also a version that is just cross stitch. Both versions are stunning.

Nikki said...

Your Rebecca is stunning....I just love the colors. So glad you like your Millenium Frame. I ordered the frame and stand, but have not received them yet. Seems to be taking a long time to ship, but I live in the US...so I know it will be worth the wait. Good luck getting a stand.....like Nicola said, the last batch sold out quickly...I was lucky that I got mine then.

Nikki

Cindy L said...

Your Rebecca is absolutely beautiful. You have done a wonderful job on the free style stitching especially the bird. Congratulations on receiving your frame. Hope your DH continues to feel better.

Fiona said...

Rebecca looks stunning. Glad you like your frame and have managed to figure out a way to work on it till you can get a stand.

Cheryl Matzker said...

Glad to hear you are so pleased with your frames. I ordered several on April 1 and they are expected to be here tomorrow and I can hardly wait. I am willing to bet that they are well worth the wait. The creators have a difficult time keeping them on the shelves. I can't begin to imagine how busy they are.