Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 7 April 2013

My Little Blue Flower

Hello All!  I have not had much time to dedicate to Rachel as I would like, but I have made a little progress on the little blue flower to the left of the sampler.


Since the over-one sections are placed on the main chart as one stitches, it is easy to be off by a few threads if one doesn't get the count exactly right.  Ahem...this is what happened to me here!  But I was able to revise the leaves a bit to get it to fit.  In the past this might have sent me into a fit of ripping stitches out but this is OVER-ONE, so I got over that very quickly!  I have convinced myself it will add to the charm of the whole piece.

I have been very busy at work (can you say merger?) and have also been spending time on Ann Dale and started a baby sampler for a granddaughter due in late May.  Good thing I only committed to one SA sampler, although I am looking forward to the release of Antonia, whenever it may be.

Until next time......enjoy spring wherever you are! :)

9 comments:

Deb said...

It looks wonderful!! I think that with those over one stitches you just have to fudge here and there. I've got a lot on Ann Smith and I've been fudging my heart out!!

samplerlover said...

I agree with Deb, Rachel looks wonderful. Love this sampler and the flower is beautiful. Don't know if this helps, if you get a case of the galloping frogs and you can't fudge it, when I was working on my Dutch Beauty which is all over one on 32ct linen. I found the easiest way to remove something, was from the back.

Diana said...

I love the progress so far, and the flower looks wonderful

brod'attitude said...

Beautiful flower

Jenny said...

I absolutely love the color of this flower. Rachel is such a lovely sampler and you are off to a great start.

Lanie said...

Rachel is so pretty ... I love her colors and her big fun motifs. Hope you are having fun stitching her ... I'm learning not to sweat the minor mistakes ... I now strongly consider letting them add "character" versus picking them out!

Nicola said...

Stunning. I think we all worry a bit too much about little mistakes.

Cindy L said...

Rachel is so pretty and bright colors. Congratulations on your "creative" stitching.

Fiona said...

Love the blue flower. The little personalisations are what make pieces our own.