Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 11 April 2013

Mary Ann Hutton Finish


Scarlet Letter
Mary Ann Hutton
36 ct cream linen
Mix of called for DMC cotton and Soie d'Alger silk threads
 
This was such a delight to stitch! I decided at the last to leave off the 3 color, very plain border.  One of the colors was cream (can barely see the areas already stitched with it) , one was pale blue (can barely see it) and medium gold.  But I thought the flower border was beauty enough for this sampler.  Feel free to click on the pic.
 
Thank you again, Nicola and Jo, for putting together this SAL.  Not only do I have a completed sampler, but I bought a pair of the Milennium scroll frames and they are the only pair of scroll frames that I really like.  Thanks for the tip and the video showing how to use them!
 
If someone is interested, I'd be willing to trade this pattern for Dutch Beauty.  Any takers?

9 comments:

Cheri said...

Your Mary Ann is very pretty. I think the floral border is enough also. Congrats on your finish!

Ranae said...

A very gorgeous Mary Ann
Congrats!!

Vera said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish!!

Kevin said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish!

Lanie said...

Congratulations Teresa! This is one if my favorite Christmas carols. Beautifully done!

Cindy L said...

Congratulations on such a beautiful finish!

Nicola said...

Well done on finishing Miss Hutton, she is such a charming sampler and your stitching is perfection.

Fiona said...

Congratulations on your finish, she looks stunning.

Marlene said...

Wow...Mary Ann Hutton is very lovely. The flower border is perfect. I like that song also. Somehow the meaning is stronger just seeing that portion of it all by itself.
Good job.