Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Log Cabin is framed and hung!

I have just this morning collected my Log Cabin sampler, and it is now hung and looking very proud:  so I thought I would share the end result with you all:  I am so pleased with the frame I chose:
This large picture looks wonderful hung alongside some of my others samplers:
I have just finished sewing the miniature HR to MAP.  However my eyes were not up to sewing over one on 40 count, so I ended up with a larger sampler as I chose to sew over 2 threads on 35 count.  I know the purists among you would not do this, but it was just not a pleasure for me sewing so small so I changed course mid-stream. I made it personal with all our initials, house name and the year:  I am very happy with how it has turned out:
It is now with the framers so I will show you again in a couple of weeks when I collect it and find a home for yet another sampler - we are fast running out of wall space.
I am now sewing "The Bird Sampler" which I believe is one of SL's discontinued patterns, but I have always loved this piece.  I will post a picture next week when it is beginning to look "something"!

It is such a pleasure following everyone's amazing progress - what a team of sewers and what a collection of heirlooms.  This Challenge is so much fun - thank you Nicola.

16 comments:

llknbillburg said...

Such a beauty! Another one to add to my list!! Laura

Kathy said...

So pretty and I love the frame you chose for it. They look like a match made in heaven. Great job!

brod'attitude said...

I love the pictures of all your samplers.

Lanie said...

I agree, Angie ... frame is perfect! Look forward to your next post and your Bird Sampler.

Jenny said...

Your sampler looks just beautiful in her frame. She looks right at home with your other samplers too......grins........Great job and I look forward to seeing your progress on your next sampler.

Krista said...

Wonderful finish!! Love the frame you chose. Looks great hanging with your collection.

JoAnn said...

I can only reiterate what others have said about your sampler. It is gorgeous.

I have a question, if you would be so kind to answer: Who is the designer of the Noah's Ark on the opposite wall?

Merry Wind Farm said...

Angie, that is just beautiful! I love the frame you chose, it really sets it off and all your samplers look great on the wall.
Melinda

Nicola said...

Wonderful post Angie. Log Cabin looks superb hung on your wall which I hope to see in person when Ray is away.

Erica near Chicago said...

A wonderful finish! It does look right at home. Congratulations.

Angie Burrett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy L said...

Angie, your Log Cabin looks wonderful! I also have the Bird Sampler to do so I look forward to your photos.

Cheri said...

A beautiful finish. Your samplers all look so nice hanging together.

Vera said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish!! Can't wait to see the "bird!!"

Angie Burrett said...

Firstly: thank you so much for all your lovely comments!
And Jo-Ann: I have sewn many Noah's Ark samplers, I just love them! There are two which you can see on the wall: The top "one colour" sampler is Into the Ark by Blue Ribbon Designs which I did last year. The one underneath in soft muted colours is much older: it is by "Words of Praise" - I did this about 26 years ago! - so not sure if the pattern is still available, but I do still have my copy - it is one of my favourites, the colours are so muted but very effective.
Email me if you would like more information.

Fiona said...

Log Cabin looks beautiful all framed and hanging. Don't worry about not following the directions, it is whatever you feel comfortable with. Your sampler looks beautiful nevertheless. Looking forward to watching your progress on your next project.