Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Finally - The Winners

I cannot start this post without a huge thank you to all of you guys from the supportive comments left to the email conversations that kept me awake and going through the night whilst I sat with my mother-in-law in her final days.

You really are the best.

Archie is out of hospital, it wasn't meningitis which was what was feared but a nasty bug/virus which my son now has as well. They will get better.

Now for something happier. We have three giveaways/competitions to be drawn.

First up - 


A Teaser for St Patrick's Weekend

This had a lot of people fooled as it was the out of print chart Mary Sears. A huge thank you has to go to Marsha for donating the chart and for Renee for putting the teaser together.

Marsha was so impressed with the chart being guessed there is a bonus gift as well!. 


The name drawn was Holly Rison




Word Play

I think that this was definitely too easy as the correct answer Francis B Jones 1817 came pouring in very quickly.



The name drawn was Rachel Fallon



How well do you know your samplers


Well a lot of you did ! I think puzzles must go very well with a stitcher's brain as the feedback that it was harder was more fun.

The answers were:-

1. Mary Ann MacDonald
2. Emily Lucille
3. Freelove Hazard
4. Abbie Lucas
5. Emma George
6. Eliz Cox
7. Dorcas Haynes
8. Coraggio
9. A Catte

And the chart to be won was Diligence.

The winner is Nikki Morin


Congratulations to all, please could I have your postal addresses.

11 comments:

C Street Samplerworks said...

Congratulations to all the winners! What fun contests!

HollyXSing said...

I won! Wow, that never happens!

I must be living right!

Thank-you, thank-you!

-Holly

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

I am stitching Diligence right now and enjoying it very much. Congratulations on your win. Irene xxx

Krista said...

Congrats to the winners! Glad that Archie is doing much better, Nicola, that is wonderful news!

Jenny said...

Congratulations to the winners. Mary Sears is such a beautiful chart...I had to look her up though because I certainly was fooled....Lol...I am so glad that Archie is out of the hospital,that is great news. Still keeping all of you in my prayers.

Nikki said...

Oh my I won....at least I think it's me?? Typo on my last name. I am emailing you Nicola. Thank You !!

Nikki

Rachel F said...

Thank you for the fun challenges and wonderful prizes!
Can't believe I will have a new SL chart to study! Hopefully, I will be able to get started on it before this blog is over. I feel like a winner every time I get to look at everyone's projects!

Lanie said...

Congratulations to all the winners ... enjoy your prizes! Love these puzzles and the fun they add to our SLY! Thank you to everyone who so generously contributes!

Cindy L said...

Congratulations to all the winners!

Anne said...

Congrats to the winners! It was fun figuring out all the answers!

So glad to hear little Archie is okay.

Fiona said...

Congratulations to everyone.