Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 23 April 2013

A Finish

Russian Red Rooster
32ct Belfast Linen in Flax
stitched in AVS threads


I have enjoyed every stitch of this simple but so beautiful sampler.   Some of you know that I keep chickens and a cockerel so this sampler was just perfect.  The verse is so true, and quite relevant to our stitching group.  Maybe the AVS thread doesn't fit into the frugality bit, but we are all certainly very industrious with our hands, and contented in our stitching.
I

14 comments:

Erica said...

Oh! That's lovely Michelle!
I have chickens too!
Got to love those roosters!

Elaine said...

Congratulations on a wonderful finish Michele!

Jenny said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish. I love those roosters.

Cindy L said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

Julierose said...

This is simply stunning, Michele--lovely finish Julierose

Deb said...

That is such a great finish. I don't think that I've seen this one before, but I really love it and the colors.

Fiona said...

Your red rooster looks stunning, congratulations on your finish.

Nicola said...

Well done Michele on such a sweet finish. Have you decided on a frame?

SDW will be finished very soon too.

Debbie Bauer said...

Stunning and beautifully stitched!

Vera said...

This is so pretty. Congratulations on a wonderful finish. What's next for the SLY?

Michele said...

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments. Vera, I have so many started - Manifesto, 2 letters on Ann Medd, a flower on Joanna Warren and more sitting in the stash. Nicola you really started something here!

Lanie said...

Michele, congratulations! "Red Rooster" is a charming sampler ... love it!

Marsha said...

I really like your finish. Lucky you!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Michele, this is just lovely.
Congratulations on your finish.