Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 19 March 2013

WIP: Polly Miner 1822



The sampler is on 35-ct linen using DMC cotton floss
(4 colors:  Ecru, 372, 932, + 898).
The stitch count is 168 x 76.

I added a few numbers, and alphabet characters, too.    I think it is a little past 1/2 way completed.    It is a challenge (for me) to use the ecru floss at night - so, I try to get those done during daylight hours. 

I had quite a scare with my cat's paw on my project the other night.  As this blog is about Scarlet Letter Samplers and not cats getting in the way of our stitching .... the post is HERE.   

I have enjoyed seeing all the samplers progress & now, I'm itching to finish up this one and move along to another Scarlet Letter piece from my stash.

All of the participants continue to inspire me!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Information from the Pattern / Chart:
A sampler from the Sheldon Museum in
Middlebury, Vermont


Always, Lelia
blogging at Stitches of Life

1 comment:

Fiona said...

It looks great and can you believe Polly was only 7 when she stitched the original.