Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 3 March 2013

Well, I have started...

Margret Gatis. I only have a few stitches in, about half of the vine in section 2. Does anyone have a pic of the original antique? It was auctioned by Christies in 1994 I think, and their web site has no pic, just details of the sale. I would love to see the original!

I am stitching with 2 strands of DMC on 36 ct Light Exampler linen. I don`t seem to be having any trouble adjusting to stitching over three threads so far *knocks on wood*

I will post a pic as soon as I have a bit more done....

5 comments:

Nicola said...

I have previously scoured the net for a photo of the orginal and failed to find one.

Maybe Marsha may be able to help.

Bhooma said...

Can't wait to see a pic of your start.

Scarlet Letter said...

I'm on it! I bought it at Christie's and after reproducing it, sold it. I'm going through stacks of old photos today and will hopefully find images of the original.

~mj~ said...

Thank you so much Marsha!!

Fiona said...

Looking forward to seeing photos of your start and progress. Also looking forward to seeing a photograph of the original, if one can be found.