Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 8 March 2013

Verses

Can we return to this thread?  I love reading everyone's favorite verses.  I'm trying to find one to complete my newest design.  I'm not sure this will fit in the allotted space, but I'll try because it's beautiful, and true.

Thy mortal tenement,
immortal germ,
Hath sunk to dust, while all thy
works stand firm.
O may'st thou at the rising of the just
Thyself stand firm, when all thy
works are dust

3 comments:

Merry Wind Farm said...

Here's kind of an odd verse, on an antique I own, Elena Tratman 1824. Looks English.
We lift our hearts to thee, O day star from On high,
the Sun itself is but thy Shade,
yet Cheers both Earth and Sky. Praise the Lord.

Weird...
Melinda

Debbie Bauer said...

Love these old verses.Gives me kind of a warm feeling and a connection to the past. I must order myself the book Stitch and Rhyme.

Fiona said...

I like your possible verse for your new sampler. Sorry not much help as I can't think of any verses.