Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 6 March 2013


The blizzard continues, but I was able to shovel a path for the UPS driver to collect today's parcels.  Twelve inches and counting, on top of last week's fourteen inches.  The top photo shows my sewing nook, complete with "instant ancestor" looking on approvingly, and my current WIP.  The window overlooks the pond, now buried in snow, but in warmer times it sprouts water lilies, coy and many frogs---the right kind of frogs. I'd love to see some of your stitching environments.

8 comments:

Nicola said...

Your new sampler looks very interesting, I love the border and the splash of red.

Shovelling all that snow so our parcels can be collected goes above the call of duty.

Debjabo said...

Hello from blog 2- great idea about sharing stitching stations-your parrot is fabulous- I can almost hear him talking...
Deb from Wisconsin

Angie Burrett said...

Is that a house I see on your new sampler? Looks lovely, and no doubt will be another one on the Wish List!

Erica near Chicago said...

Hello Marsha. Thank you for the pictures. Those look like silk threads. Are all of your models done in silk?

Kielrain said...

Your stitching nook looks so cozy.... the snow... ew... not so much. :)

Kevin said...

I really enjoy seeing where you do your stitching - looks warm and comfy in there away from that snow! I can't remember the last time I saw snow, and I don't miss the shoveling but I do miss the beautiful quiet snowy nights from winters past.

Scarlet Letter said...

The snow here is well over my knees and it's no fun trudging through it carrying buckets of water and feed for the animals every day. I wish I could be more objective about its "beauty" but snow is just another four letter word up here. Yes, all of my models are stitched with silk. And I misspelled KOI in my previous post.

Fiona said...

The snow is lovely to look at when you are sitting all cosy in your stitching chair with a fire blazing. Your stitching nook looks perfect.