Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Rebecca Cullin


 Thought that I had better post a photo of my Angry Bird who isn't so much of an Angry Bird now but a beautiful handsome fellow.

It has been a while since I posted a photo of Rebecca, but I have had a lot of things going on in my life that have been quite worrying.  My DH has serious health problems.  But they have found out what is causing him to have a "Dickie Ticker" and hopefully he will be ok.


This is Rebecca in full.  I just have to finish off the bottom section, hopefully by the weekend, do the other tree that is on the right hand side and then do some more interesting sewing with the beautiful big carnations and the flowers.

Since I last posted I was the lucky winner of the 50 pound voucher to purchase one of the beautiful Millennium Frames.  I order the 30 inch frame and it is winging it's way Downunder.  When it arrives I shall take a photo of it to show you.  Hopefully it will be next week.  I would like to thank Nicola and also Needle Needs to donating this wonderful prize.  I must say that the night that I found out that I had won this wonderful prize I was so over joyed.  My life was slightly pear shaped at the time.

15 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your Rebecca, Sandra. The bird is a very handsome fellow and he looks quite proud to be finished. I hope your DH will be feeling better soon, and enjoy your new frame.

Lanie said...

Your Rebecca is fabulous ... that bird!!!! I have always loved this sampler and your work is superb!
Hope your husband has a complete recovery.

Bhooma said...

I love that bird. Just for that alone I will have to stitch Rebecca Cullin :)

Inguna said...

Oh my, it is gorgeous! Beautiful work!

Bethany said...

Keep up the good work, Rebecca is lovely. Sure hope all is well with your Hubby....

Stitch Wizard said...

I also just love your Rebecca sampler and especially love this bird in it! I really love birds and this one just makes me want to get this sampler sometime. Your stitching is gorgeous too! Congratulations on winning your new frame!!!

brod'attitude said...

The colours of the bird are very beautiful

Nicola Parkman said...

Superb Sandra, I hope one day to stitch Rebecca and if my bird looks nearly as good as yours I will be delighted.

Tommye said...

Oooh, I absolutely love that bird!! And, of course, the entire sampler is lovely. Well done.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Rebecca is looking wonderful.
The not-so-angry bird is delightful.

I received my Millennium Frame. but have not had time to stitch this week. My DH is impressed with the engineering of it.

Sending Prayers & Hugs your way for your DH.
My DH had a heart attack and by-pass surgery over 31 years ago at age 39. He is going strong.

Rebecca in TN said...

Wow, your birdie looks fantastic!! I can't believe you have completed so much so fast. That bottom border is a time consuming project. Great work!

Anne said...

This sampler is exquisite and that bird is a handsome fella! I hope your husband will be okay.

Dona said...

What a wonderful bird! He really stands out!

I hope your husband's health improves.

Fiona said...

Your bird looks amazing. Enjoy your frame when it arrives.

Cindy L said...

Sandra, your bird came out wonderfully!