January was spent setting up Blog Two, February I did manage some stitching, hurrah!
Here is my latest photo:
It is straight in real life, I scanned it on the huh!
I'm stitching on the 35count linen provided using AVAS for the first time. I thought the coverage was lovely but the thread wasn't lasting very well. Then I re-read the instructions - "on 35count use 2 strands" (so far so good) "of cotton". oops. Last sentence "use one strand of silk throughout".
So I've used an entire skein stitching 3/5 of this band already. I experimented using 1 strand for the little circles you can see in the middle and it looks ok. Once I have finished the red outline I'll stitch the rest of the circles in 1 strand of the relevant colours and see how it looks. Then I'll make the decision to continue all the rest of the sampler in 1 strand or buy double the thread and stitch it all in 2. Frogging that red is NOT AN OPTION!
I do read every single post on both blogs but don't often get time to comment. The stitching is amazing and some of you really are speedy stitchers!