Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 17 March 2013

Post for Wilma in the Netherlands

Hi everyone,

First of all I would like to thank Nicola for giving me the opportunity to join her amazing SL year. I feel honoured to be part of this group of enthusiastic and experienced stitchers from all over the world. Speaking of globalisation!


Let me introduce myself. My name is Wilma and I live in a small town in the south of the Netherlands with my husband and son. I have been stitching since the 1980's (mainly Dutch reproduction samplers) and although I have little stitching time, because I have a fulltime job, I enjoy every minute of it.
I am so glad that I stumbled upon Nicola's blog where she announced her SL year because before that I had never heard of The Scarlet Letter samplers. But since my first visit to Marsha's website I am almost obsessed with all those beautiful samplers. So many must haves!

My first Scarlet Letter sampler in progress is Dona Dorothea. I started her at the end of January and it is great fun stitching her! I am stitching on a 32ct Belfast linen from Zweigart with DMC and the colour is antique ivory. I aim to have her finished by the end of March.




Dona Dorothea


Yesterday evening I made a start with Jane Atkinson, what subtle colours. Jane had been waiting patiently in my stash cupboard for a while but I couldn't resist the temptation to make a start! I stitch Jane on a 35ct Edinburgh linen from Zweigart with DMC, it 's a creamy colour.




Jane Atkinson

I am following both blogs and the progress on all these beautiful samplers is amazing. Thank you so much for all your lovely posts.


Wilma

10 comments:

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome to the group Wilma and thank you for participating.

What can I say about your choices, I think we share very similar tastes. :o))

Enjoy both, they are beautiful.

Radka said...

Beautiful stitching, I always like to come here to see what is new :-)

Vera said...

Hi Wilma and welcome to the group. Love your choices...nice progress. Looking forward to seeing more.

Jenny said...

Welcome Wilma! I love the samplers you are stitching, you do beautiful work! These two blogs are simply inspiring and it is so much fun to see all these beautiful samplers come to life. Glad you joined in on the fun!

Lanie said...

Welcome to the SLY fun Wilma ... I am sure you will enjoy as much as we are! You have selected two beautiful samplers ... these two girls are popular! Your stitching is lovely. I look forward to following your posts.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Two very pretty choices Wilma, I am sure you will enjoy working on them both. It's so good to hear from stitchers who live in so many different parts of the world.

Debjabo said...

Wow! Great progress on Miss Jane. I am going to strive for one motif per night. Your work is beautiful.
Deb

Lelia said...

This is so pretty - just lovely

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Wilma and welcome to the fun.

Your sampler choices are terrific!
Beautiful stitching.

Barbara

Fiona said...

Welcome Wilma, your stitching looks great.