Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 11 March 2013

Off to a good start on Mary Hart

I just love the bright bold color. I have always been partial to red!
The Mary Hart Sampler - 32 ct linen using AVAS
The verse is very small, all one over one. I just started a bit of it to see what it would look like.

I have to bring the borders down both sides a bit more before I finish up the verse.
The colors are a little offbeat, but this is a very enjoyable sampler to work on!

7 comments:

Kaisievic said...

You are indeed - enjoy the stitching.

Lanie said...

I love red, too! Enjoy your Mary Hart!

Mary said...

Erics, this is one I probably would have overlooked on the SL website, but your stitching really brings it to life. Like you.I love the bright red and offbeat design. Can't wait to see more!

Nicola said...

I love red too.

I think Mary will be a great conversation piece on your sampler wall.

Looking forward to seeing your next progress photo.

Elizabeth said...

This is really lovely and I love the colours. I hope to stitch this too and perhaps the linen and threads will arrive today.

What verse are you going to stitch...the original or the alternative?

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Great fun sampler.

Whenever I have stitched a subdued sampler, I must quickly stitch something red, or bright blue.

Fiona said...

Your sampler is looking good. I like working with red as it cheers me up a bit like yellow does too.