Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 14 March 2013

My March distraction

I started this SAL planning to finish my 5 (or is it 7?) Year long Ann Grimshaw WIP, but I got distracted by my Christmas gift, (Charlotte Clayton- not by Scarlet Letter). Then Elizabeth Sheffield caught my eye for February. Then I started feeling guilty for abandoning my 2011 Christmas gift, Jane Atkinson, with about a dozen stitches in. Jane has been my March obsession and I'm really enjoying her still. Oh well, I'm bound to finish something someday, right?

Anyway, here is Jane after about 38 hours of stitching time. I'm stitching her with HDF silks on my last precious piece of 40ct Graziano linen. I dyed it myself (it's lighter, creamier, and less splotchy then the picture shows.)

Here‘s hoping Spring allows us all time to stitch!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Jamie, Jane looks to be a really fun stitch with all the different colors and pretty flowers in the border. I'm thinking about making Jane my next SL project, but haven't definitely made up my mind yet. Too many beautiful samplers to choose from. Keep up the good work on yours and you might have a finish before you know it.

Krista said...

Beautiful progress! The colors of the HDF silk are gorgeous!

Nicola said...

Your Jane is looking good, I have found her an irresistible project and one that I will miss when she is finished. I am sure you will finish her within the year.

Carole said...

Isn't Jane intriguing to work on??? I find her really hard to put down.....

Fiona said...

Jane looks amazing. At least when you do eventually finish all your stitching you will have lots of beautiful framed samplers for your walls.