Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 13 March 2013

My first Scarlet Letter about 1980


I have to confess up, I haven't done much stitching on Mary Gail although she now has a hand.
Country Life is the basket till the Millenium frame arrives.  I am doing Amy Mitten's Quaker Needlekeeper tutorial,  so I have spent some time trying to catch up with that project.  I thought I would share a picture of my first Scarlet Letter sampler.  It is Esther Charlton, I can't remember the count but was done in wool.  I'm not quite sure why I picked this one other than I had just bought an antique sampler that was wool and I use to spin my own yarn and loved sheep.  I put our initals and wedding date at the top.
Hopefully I will have more progress next month.
Happy Stitching
Martha S.

7 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Both are gorgeous! And I remember spinning wool to make shawls on giant needles in the late 1970s.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Oh!!! Beautiful!

Wonderful sampler, double house and all. Nice little Quaker floral spray in the center. That was a lot of grass to fill in.

I love seeing everyone's early Scarlet Letter samplers!

Jeannine520 said...

Your Mary Gail looks great. Just LOVE your Esther Charlton!! I sooooooo wish Marsha would reprint this, I've been wanting to stitch this for years.

Krista said...

Wow, Martha! Love both your samplers, old and new. I especially love that Esther sampler, I have become fascinated by adam and eve samplers and that one is stunning! I wish I didn't miss out on these older ones years ago. Looking forward to seeing more of your Mary Gail.

Deb said...

Oh, I love your samplers both Mary Gail and Esther Charlton. I wonder if Marsha would reprint that one. I'd love to get my hands on it since I love A&E's!

Nicola said...

We are seeing some stunning OOPs and Esther is one of them.

I am so tempted to stitch Country Life this year after seeing Bethany's.

Fiona said...

Your first sampler is really pretty.