Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Monday evening, March 4th, under threat of yet another blizzard here in southeastern Wisconsin, Marsha reporting with some news:

So many of you have asked about the Christmas sampler, that Melinda stitched so beautifully.  It has been out of print for years, but because of your interest I have found my sole copy in "Noah's Ark" (where I keep one each of everything I've ever published), dusted it off, and sent it to my printer.  The reprint will be in the digital book format, and may not be as clear as we'd like because it's being copied from the parchment paper of the original publication.  It should be ready around the Vernal Equinox, which should give you a good chance at finishing it before next Christmas.

Secondly, there is a new design up on my website titled Mary Wilson.  That one should be back from press around the Ides of March.

Thirdly, with all this discussion of reading/stitching/audio books, has anyone ever checked out a used copy of a novel titled "Ghosts" by Marsha Parker on amazon or ebay?  It was published in hard cover by E.P. Dutton, subsequently in paperback by Berkeley Books.  I still have a few copies in hard cover.  The word "sampler" is mentioned once in the book.  I will gift a copy of the chart of Mary Wilson to the first person who can tell me which page it appears on! 
Cheers,
Marsha

8 comments:

Debbie Bauer said...

Page 187 I think.I hope anyway!

Margaret said...

I'm so annoyed. I can't find my copy. :(

Krista said...

Page 152? just a guess! :) Love the new Mary Wilson sampler, and how wonderful for everyone that you are going to make Christmas Sampler available again, it is a beauty.

Nicola said...

Page 187 of the hard back

" I had my sewing to keep me content indoors at Cadfor: a simple little sampler that I would have stitched at age twelve"

Jeannine520 said...

Thank you Marsha, that's fantastic news. I've been trying to find the Christmas Sampler chart for years.

C Street Samplerworks said...

Here I am a day late and a dollar short. As more alert readers have already stated, "Sampler" is on page 187.

"Ghosts" has been a permanent resident in my library for many years ago. I've re-read it several times. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's one of my favorite books--well written and impossible to put down.

And it's about time for another re-read, since our blizzard will probably keep me housebound for a couple of days.

(I wish the author would write another book!)

Love the new Mary Wilson sampler and so glad that the Christmas Sampler will once again be available!

Peace & Love,
Fran

Lisa M said...

I'm so glad the Christmas Sampler has been reprinted!

SallyFr said...

Great news about the Mary Wilson chart as well.

We had a Prime Minister's wife in the UK called Mary Wilson! (wife of Harold Wilson)