Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Log Cabin Finish

I am so thrilled - my Log Cabin sampler is finished.  I love it, and have so enjoyed sewing this piece.
The border is really pretty.  So it will be off to the framers later this week.
I used 28 count natural linen (SL actually state 30 count, but it was just what I had) and I used DMC threads for the majority of the sampler, but chose locally produced variegated threads for the roof and the grass, which gives it a softer look.
Now the big decision - which SL sampler shall I sew next?!

10 comments:

Krista said...

A beautiful finish, Angie!! I love how you personalized it with your initials and the year. I will definitely be adding this to my list. My Grandfather had built his home in a log cabin style so I think this would so nice to do too.

Cindy L said...

Congratulations Angie! Your sampler is so much prettier than the catolog pics. I love the colors in your border.

Dawn said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish!!
Such pretty colors.

Kathy said...

Love the border on this. And, the little moon has the cutest face. Congratulations on your finish.

Nicola said...

Oh Angie your log cabin is so pretty and I know you will choose the perfect frame for it.

Have you decided where it will hang?

Vera said...

What a pretty sampler. Congratulations on your finish!

Merry Wind Farm said...

Angie, what a beautiful sampler! Congratulations on your first finish. I had never seen this sampler actually done, I will have to give it another thought.
Melinda

woolwoman said...

Beautiful finish on your log cabin - such a unique sampler. Enjoy ! Melody

SallyFr said...

Congratulations, I just love this one. Reminds me a little of Tennessee.

Fiona said...

Loving your log cabin. I agree that the border is really pretty.