Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

I thought that I would show Marsha and all of you stitchers my stitching corner in my front room. Here is a picture of it.

I usually remove the pillow for more comfortable sitting but always put it back - afterall it is my Johnny Appleseed pillow.

Here is another pic of some of the samplers I stitched years ago.  Sorry Marsha - none are SL samplers.


I have to mention that the basket on the side of the chair in the first picture hold mostly stitching kits - SL's- but what is so special about that basket is that it is my Grandmothers and she use to bring it to our house on Friday or Saturday nights filled with goodies to cook and eat.  Home made spaghetti, caviar, raw beef, small rye breads, onions, you name it she brought it to our home - wonderful memories -I can see them coming down the block as I type this and us kids jumping up and down so excited.  Oh to be that young again.

Have a great stitching week everybody.  I can't want to get Marsha's Christmas Sampler.


8 comments:

Kaisievic said...

That looks like a lovely corner to be stitching in. Love the story about your grandmother's basket.
Could you please tell me which is Marsha's Christmas Sampler - that is the second reference to it I have read - not sure if I am missing something.

Kevin said...

I really like your stitching corner - looks very comfy and the perfect spot to sit back and stitch. Beautiful memory of your grandmother as well. Thanks for sharing that story - brought back memories of my own grandparents whom I miss very much.

Kathy said...

Your stitching corner looks very cozy and a great place to sit and stitch. Also,looks like you have windows on both sides of your chair which would really help with natural lighting. I'm sure you do think about your grandmother all the time having her pretty basket by your side.

Scarlet Letter said...

Hi Brenda,
You have a great environment for stitching and your mention of Grandmother's treats makes me want to raid the fridge...but nothing there as good as spaghetti and caviar!

Carol E. in AZ said...

It looks like a great little retreat! Nice set up. Nice light too!

MoonBeam said...

Cozy, comfy, well lighted...and we'll organized. Nice.

I, too, love the story of the basket.

Happy stitching.

Bobbi

Terri said...

Another nice bright corner and I love that you're surrounded by your stitching on the walls. What a sweet memory of your grandmother and that you're able to keep it near you and use it.

Fiona said...

What a lovely, comfortable and bright stitching corner you have. I love baskets and loved reading about your grandmother's basket that you still use.