Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 9 March 2013

How I got started...

Well I haven't been stitching for very long at all...about a year. I was introduced to cross stitch by Nicola when I saw her beautiful stitching when I stayed at The Chocolate Box (the most idyllic cottage by the way and Nicola's stitching is even more beautiful in real life). Anyway not long after one of my visits Nicola sent me Peace and Plenty to stitch, complete with fabric and threads. From then on in, I was hooked and then came the SL challenge. I feel as if I am on a voyage of discovery with reproduction samplers. It is a wonderful new hobby and I am enjoying it so much. I even took my stitching with me on the train to London with me the other day. I had to put it in my case which was a bit of a nuisance so decided I needed a bigger handbag to accommodate my stitching and hoop so just had to buy one when I was in London! Thank you so much Nicola for starting me on this journey xx

Here is Peace and Plenty which will always be dear to my heart.


6 comments:

Krista said...

A lovely finish, and start to a new hobby!

Jenny said...

What a lovely story and a beautiful finish.

Nicola said...

Here's to many more samplers now you have the stitching bug.

Had to laugh about the new handbag, great excuse for a new one.

Elizabeth said...

Well I was in London - two minutes from John Lewis and just had to take the opportunity!

woolwoman said...

what a nice story about how Nicola inspired you and even supplied you with your first stitching kit. She is a jewel and I hope you continue to enjoy stitching for many years to come - melody

Fiona said...

What a lovely story. I always have to have a big bag for travelling and a small project in my regular handbag so that if the mood strikes or a spare minute arises I have something with me to do.