Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 7 March 2013

Hornbook Bestiary Progress

I'm happy to report there has been much progress made on my Hornbook Bestiary since last we visited.
 
Progress as of 2/6/13
 
Progress as of 3/7/13

As you can tell I got on a roll with this one. I don't know what it was but all of a suddent the over one stitching just clicked and I took off with it. I found myself not wanting to put it down. I worked on it for three days straight and got all of this done. The bottom picture is the most true representation of the linen color. 

I'm getting to the point that I'll soon be filling in one of the boxes!  I can hardly wait. 

11 comments:

C Street Samplerworks said...

Great progress! I'm looking forward to seeing the first row of boxes filled in. That should be a lot of fun after stitching the borders. This is such a nifty design!

Peace & Love,
Fran

Merry Wind Farm said...

I am in awe of anybody who stitches an entire sampler over one! Great progress, can't wait to see your letter boxes filled in.
Melinda

Kielrain said...

Oh, I really love those wings! Can't wait to see more.

Faye said...

Goodness.....! Wonderful progress!!!!

PoundingSand said...

That is one dramatic wing! Looks lovely.

Do you have to fill in the entire background as well?

Kate

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Thanks everybody! Yes, Kate, I have to fill in the entire background of each wing and each letter box.

Mindi said...

Great progress! I love the shading on the wings.

MoonBeam said...

Ah, you have been busy. Nice work. Isn't it amazing how different photos can look from day to day?

Hope your fun continues.

Bobbi

Nicola said...

Well done on all that over one and doesn't it look good.

It never ceases to amaze me how the colour of linen can change into a totally different one between photos.

Lanie said...

Wow ... great progress! I find that sometimes you just have to find your rhythm with the over 1 and then you can stitch, stitch, stitch. Those wings are fabulous.

Fiona said...

Great progress. I'm looking forward to seeing the boxes filling up.