Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Hello Everyone,

Well, here's my latest update on Emma.  I haven't been able to get as much stitching time in as I would have liked, but she's getting there.



And, here's a close up of what I have stitched since the last update, the part under the holly.


 
 
As you can see, I've saved the over one for last.  That was probably not a good thing to do, but that's how I went about stitching her.  If you don't see me again you'll know why, lol.  Actually, I have really enjoyed spending time with Emma and I know I'll miss her when the day comes that she's completed and gone to live in a frame.  But, she'll still be hanging around and I can continue to admire her. 
 
I am just so glad that Nicola started this SAL (can't say it enough) as I am thoroughly enjoy seeing what everyone is working on, all the progress updates and finishes.  There is definitely alot of talented stitchers out there. 
 
Happy stitching all and thanks for looking.
 
NOTE:  I was just looking at this after I posted and I noticed the bunny on the left is missing his back legs!!  I think I need to correct that, lol!!
 

 
 


 
 

10 comments:

MoonBeam said...

You're doing great. Don't let the over one spook you...once you get it going it will feel natural and do-able!

Good luck.

Bobbi

Jenny said...

Emma is looking beautiful Kathy. You have done a wonderful job so far....I really love the birds on this sampler.

Nicola said...

It is funny how you can stare at a sampler and not see a missing bit then you glance at a photo and can spot it straight away.

Your Emma is magnificent and MUST be finished,

Lanie said...

Very pretty, Kathy! I love the bottom section with the trees, birds and butterflies!

Faye said...

Kathy, Emma is just beautiful! And, your speedy progress is amazing... Like you,I am so thankful for Nicola starting this blog.... So very inspirational....

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Kathy,your Emma is gorgeous!
You will be finished in no time at all.

Debbie Bauer said...

This is a very popular piece. I am also stitching Emma.Yours is so beautiful! Love the holly and berries.You truly give me inspiration.

Vera said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I want to see your finish!!!

Kathy said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments. Debbie I'm so glad you are getting inspiration from me. That was really nice to hear.!! And, to anyone thinking I'm not gonna finish this, just because I left the over one for last.....that ain't gonna happen, lol. She's too pretty, I think, not to finsh. Actually, I have really enjoyed Emma and will miss the stitching after she's complete. Also, (secret here) I purposely left the over one stitching for next to last, right before the satin stitches. Just hope the old eyes will hold up.

Fiona said...

Loving Emma Miles and watching your progress on her. She is surely going to be added to my SL Wishlist.