Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Goodies in the Mail!

Hello All,

Look what arrived in the mail!  I won the Elizabeth Mitchell chart and a fat quarter of 40 count Vintage Woodsmoke Lakeside Linen...so excited!  And, of course, a sweet note from Nicola.  Thank you Nicola (and Ray). 
 
 
 
I love the chart -- all the Quaker motifs and the birds!  I love birds.  And...it was stitched in the Newtown, PA area -- close to where I live.


Well, Tuesday night and hoping for a snow day tomorrow.  The forecasts are all over the place -- anywhere from a dusting to one inch to eight inches!  I would love a day stuck at home.  Plenty of stitching time, napping, more stitching, etc.

Meanwhile, not very much stitching was done during the last week.  I was in NC (cold) and FL (nice) on business...but busy -- meetings all day, cocktail hours and dinners at night.  The best part was going in early to see my friend (lots of retail therapy) and meeting up with fellow stitchers  Myra and Chris (hi girls!!!) for lunch at Saffron -- a fabulous Indian restaurant in Greensboro.

Here are updates on PLL - Petunia is beginning to grow her feathers (I love the red tips on some of them).


And an overall shot:



And here is the tiny bit more on Pincushion (I've been working on this in the morning over coffee before going to work...only 10-15 minutes or so at a time, but it is easier to pull out this small piece than PLL).  This is done on 25 count linsey-woolsey (from the kit) over one with silk threads.



Hope everyone is warm and cozy and getting lots of stitching done.

8 comments:

Nicola said...

I am so pleased that Miss Mitchell and the linen arrived quickly and safely.

Petunia's plummage is growing well, her colours are so beautiful.

The pincushion is exquisite and makes such a good mobile project.

Kevin said...

Congrats on your great prizes! And your Petunia Parrot is looking gorgeous. I hope to see more of your stitching as this piece progresses. Lovely job.

Bertie said...

Beautiful bird, Just saw Gabi's too, it is a gorgeous piece! wonderful presents, look forward to your pincushion;)

Brenda in WI said...

The parrot is absolutely beautiful. Anxious to see the progression of that sampler.

woolwoman said...

congrats on your win and Petunia is coming along beautifully ! Melody

Soozie said...

Well just thought you would like to know your wip pic made me purchase the chart but I also wanted to ask what threads are you using? DMC? if you are using silks may I as what is the name of the dyer?

Soozie said...

Well just thought you would like to know your wip pic made me purchase the chart but I also wanted to ask what threads are you using? DMC? if you are using silks may I as what is the name of the dyer?

Fiona said...

Congratulations on your chart and fabric. Miss Petunia is looking good. The pincushions are really pretty designs and I look forward to watching your one grow, It is always great when you get a chance to meet up with fellow stitchers.